Part 3 – Installing the XIV SRA
To utilise the XIV storage to perform the replication tasks, we need to install the XIV SRA (Storage Replication Adapter). This is the process to be performed to install the XIV SRA.
Please note that you should only download the SRA for your storage directly from VMware, these adapters have been fully tested and approved by VMware… downloading later SRAs from the vendor may cause instability with the functionality of SRM.
- Make sure that you are logged onto the SRM application server.
- Start up the IBM XIV SRA
- On the language selection screen, select ‘English (United States)’ and then click ‘OK’
- On the Welcome screen, click ‘Next’
- Accept the license agreement and then click ‘Next’
- Click the ‘Install’ button to perform the installation of the SRA.
- When the installation is complete, untick the ‘Launch Release Notes’ and ‘Launch User Guide’, then click ‘Finish’
- You should now go back into the ‘Site Recovery’ entry in the vSphere Client, select the ‘Array Managers’ tab, then the ‘SRAs’ tab and click the ‘Rescan SRAs’ entry… it should now find the SRA.
This ends Part 3 of our instructions… please click here to continue to Part 4 or here to return to the 10-part Site Recovery Manager menu.