The next stage in our process is to connect the two Site Recovery Managers together – this means that your vCenters do not need to be configured in Linked Mode. This process is called pairing.
- Open up the vSphere client, click the ‘Home’ entry at the top of the application
- Click on the ‘Site Recovery Manager’ icon to switch to the ‘Site Recovery Manager’ app.
- On the right hand side of the screen, click the ‘Configure Connection’ option to start the Connection Wizard
- Enter the fully qualified domain name of the remote site vCenter server, then click ‘Next’
- Accept the certificate
- Enter a username and password that has admin rights on the remote vCenter server, then click ‘Next’.
- You may be prompted to accept the certificate again before the wizard completes the pairing process.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the connection.
You may be asked to enter in the username and password for the remote site again, and then after a short while both servers should appear as connected.
This process only needs to be performed once for each pairing, it does not need to be performed at each site.