Part 4 – Site Recovery Manager Site Pairing
The next stage in our process is to connect the two Site Recovery Managers together – this means that your vCenters do not need to be configured in Linked Mode. This process is called pairing.
- Open up the vSphere client, click the ‘Home’ entry at the top of the application
- Click on the ‘Site Recovery Manager’ icon to switch to the ‘Site Recovery Manager’ app.
- On the right hand side of the screen, click the ‘Configure Connection’ option to start the Connection Wizard
- Enter the fully qualified domain name of the remote site vCenter server, then click ‘Next’
- Accept the certificate
- Enter a username and password that has admin rights on the remote vCenter server, then click ‘Next’.
- You may be prompted to accept the certificate again before the wizard completes the pairing process.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the connection.
You may be asked to enter in the username and password for the remote site again, and then after a short while both servers should appear as connected.
This process only needs to be performed once for each pairing, it does not need to be performed at each site.
This ends Part 4 of our instructions… please click here to continue to Part 5 or here to return to the 10-part Site Recovery Manager menu.