Part 2 – Site Recovery Manager Installation
- Log onto the SRM application server
- Locate and start up the SRM installation program
- Select your language and then click ‘OK’
- After a short while the installation wizard will begin… click ‘Next’.
- On the ‘Patents’ screen, click ‘Next’
- Accept the license agreement and click ‘Next’
- Change the installation directory to the D: drive as shown below and click ‘Next’:
- As we will be utilising XIV replication, you should now select ‘Do not install vSphere Replication’ (this can be modified at a later date by going through the installation utilising repair mode)
- Now enter the ‘vCenter Server Address’ and the ‘vCenter Server Username’ and ‘Password’, then click ‘Next’:
- You will now be shown the vCenter Certificate, click ‘Yes’ to accept it.
- On the ‘Certificate Type Selection’ screen, select the ‘Automatically generate a certificate’ option (the certificates can be changed at a later date), and then click ‘Next’
- Enter the Organization and Organization Unit, then click ‘Next’
- Enter a name for the Local Site, administrator email addresses and also how the Local Host should be seen, then click ‘Next’:
- You are now requested to enter in the database information. The ‘Database Client’ should be ‘SQL Server’ and then enter the DSN name, username and password created earlier, then click ‘Next’
- Finally click ‘Install’ to begin the installation
- You should now be able to go into the ‘Plug-ins’ section of the vSphere client and install the new Site Recovery Manager plug-in.
This ends Part 2 of our instructions… please click here to continue to Part 3 or here to return to the 10-part Site Recovery Manager menu.