Part 7 – Protection Groups
It’s now time to create a protection group, this is the group of virtual machines we want to have protected and replicated to the second location.
- Click the ‘Protection Groups’ option at the bottom of the screen
- Click the ‘Create Protection Group’ button at the top of the screen
- Select the protected site and the array pair created earlier, then click ‘Next’
- You should now select the datastore groups that should be recovered together, you should choose a datastore that is already being replicated at the XIV level, click ‘Next’
- Provide a name and description for the protection group and then click ‘Next’
- You will now see a summary of the protection group you have just made, click ‘Finish’ to complete the wizard.
- Confirmation of the virtual machines and their mappings in the Protection group will appear on screen.